Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
all4flors

Question Your opinion of a Gracie King Quilting Frame?

Ok so ever since I screwed up my last quilt top. (missed a whole section of the quilt) and when I went back to quilt it it bunched up and messed up the top. I was so angry! Anyway I have been looking into getting something to do my quilting. I can't afford a long arm machine so I began to look at different quilting frames. I found the frame ( Gracie King quilting frame) I have the space in my sewing room. And I found it for a great price. I even called the Gracie company to make sure that the distributor was legiminate since the price was considerably lower than what the manufacturer was asking. I'll know tomorrow if my machine is compatable (I took my machine to florida when we went there to work on our new house and now I am home in Maryland until the new year) Now my question. What is your opinion of this frame? If you own one now would you buy this frame again if you needed a new one? How difficult is it to learn to put the quilt backing etc on the frame? Do you have any thoughts or comments that you think would be helpful in making this decision? This frame is quite expensive and I want to make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance for everyone's imput
Happy New Years!!!

Helen