Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Thanks Ninnie She thinks so too!! LOL LOL She has been told all her life how cute and pretty she is. She has Russel Silvers Syndrome which is a growth disorder which is related to dwarfism. So she is 7 1/2 but the size of a 5 yr old. So she has struggled with feeling differant from everyone and has gone from crying to mom Why did God make me this way to now she says my friends will help me when I can't do something. So this has given her a good sense of self worth. She takes hormone shots to help her grow as there are some not so terrific side effects if she doesn't catch up some. Like early puberty which will stop her growth so they are trying to help her catch up as some kids with RSS have gone into puberty as early as 8 yrs old. She is a very very strong self possessed little girl!! A bit bossy!!( just like her mamma was!) Her biggest problem is because she is so tiny and cute people want to pick her up and cuddle her and she is not a baby anymore and resents that attention. She is just now starting to get a couple more inches in height which has helped.