Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM
ArchaicArcane

Default Pinning and which machine will hate this the least?

So I have two items I'm trying to make. Yes, actual sewing projects for a change.
Both are portable ironing board style projects.

Laying on the table prior to any stitching, they stand a full 1/2" tall. If I pin all of the layers (5 of them) they compress to about 1/4", but there's a "wow" where the pin is. Does this matter? Will it still look fairly flat once it's sewn? Does it sort of "shift" the layers a little, or no?

Because there's a layer of heat resistant fabric that I think will show any "do overs", I'm hesitant to start to stitch it....

The layers go: Top fabric (quilting fabric thickness), 2 layers of warm tater, 1 layer Insul-brite, 1 layer heat resistant fabric (think old style ironing board fabric)

Ideally, I'd like to stitch this upside down (the HRF at the bottom) for less movement and better piercing power, but I have to "draw" the design I'm following on the silver side, in order to get it somewhat straight.

So my next question, to keep it on topic for the V.A.M.E. forum.... which of my machines do you all think is least likely to want to cause me bodily harm for forcing this on it?