Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I have only ever purchased one kit, that was a tree skirt from connecting threads a few months ago. I just made it and was really surprised how generous they were with the fabric. I am careful how I cut, and had in a few of the fabrics, about 1/4 yard at least, left over. I also bought a very large Moda jelly roll on clearance at Annie's on line, and will use it to make a few purses and accessories. The only other pre cut I ever had was a gift and held on to it for a year because I didn't like the pattern that came with it. I decided to try sewing strips together and made a purse that came out really nice, and have enough left for two more. In these cases, I think they all went together well, so not seeing all them doesn't matter. I probably will never buy any more pre cuts, though, and doubt if I will buy another kit, unless I really can't live without it. I like picking out fabrics myself, and besides, I have 4 or 5 quilts waiting for me to make, so I think that will be a year or two's work at least with the purses I will still make.