View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

always (cracks me up) when someone totally (dis...'s) a whole company...(stay away from C & C)...they have been around for many, many, many years---if their product was not any good they would not have lasted!
C & C offers many different threads- some are better than others---just like with most other company products...i've had just as many bad experiences with YLI, Geutermann, Mederia, ...the list goes on-
i've used lots of C & C threads over the years that were just fine.
i also love (most) of the threads i've purchased from Connecting threads- I like Aurafil & have bought it from Fabric.com,
i've quilted quite successfully with Maxilock (which some people say to never use)--Joannes generally has great prices & color selection on maxilock threads!
if they are having a great sale & you want to - why not pick up a few different threads to try out- you may find a new favorite---or decide that any number of threads will work just fine & then you have choices when sales happen.
i've been sewing 48 years- quilting for 35 of them---and have a vast variety of threads- i never (restrict) myself - am willing to try them all- some i like better than others- many have their place/use.