Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Homemother

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Really cute. You did a great job on that tiny piping.
Really stupid question, what do you put in the pockets? The only Advent stuff we did was a liturgical Advent Wreath and paper chains, where you would tear off a link each day. I've seen these quilts before and was too embarrased to ask till now.
I love this question! I have advent calendars for my kids but they are not quilts. They consist of some figure with small boxes instead of pockets. For 3 of my children, I put notes and candy in the boxes. They fourth child asked for something other than candy so I buy him a small lego set and split it up among the boxes. My children are all adults and they didn't get their advent calendar until they went away to college as a reminder that we love them and that they can countdown the days to Jesus' birthday and look forward to coming home.

I have seen other people get very elaborate with theirs. They put ornaments, gifts cards, candy, pictures, small gifts, etc., in their pockets. I'm not well off enough to splurge like that LOL!!! Regardless, they serve the same purpose as any other advent calendar: a countdown to Christmas. Thanks for asking!