Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 AM
gardnergal970

I ran into 3 PC blocks that after I quilted them were too small to even fudge them enough to be 8 inches square in the quilt. Overnight I remembered a class project that I hadn't started so yes, I allowed myself to be completely distracted yesterday and went to work on it. It's the ocean wave pattern done scrappy with blues and whites. I did enough half square triangles to see how my fabrics worked and now I will use the rest for headers and Enders. I still need a couple more blue on white to have enough squares and good balance. Now back to quilting PC blocks but I'm not pushing to get it done this year.
Dubib...I used the new quilt with the wool batting last night and loved it. I could notice a difference right away.
carrie...I've seen the QAYG method you use and will try it someday on something really scrappy where I don't have to worry about what I'm using for backing.
Jan...have you shoveled out yet? We didn't get much snow at all but there was some freezing rain mixed in so the roads were slick. I'm going to venture out later today and get a few groceries. My DH loves fresh fruit!
mirabelle...you will love your design wall. Mine it not freestanding. I don't have an inch of free floor space!