View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Right now I have about 5 unfinished projects, maybe more. Yeah, definitely more. I used to be one of those people who had to finish a product before moving on. Sort of like "Clean your plate before you get dessert". Then I started quilting and and somehow I wanted to do so much more than just one project. I started making a Courthouse Steps Log Cabin quilt and it was coming along really good. But to do that right, you really need a design wall which I do not have or you lay it on the floor or the bed or somewhere. My DH came back home from a trip so that quilt got folded up because I could not put it out where I could see it. Then Connecting Threads had these absolutely beautiful orange/yellow batik charms on sale and I bought them an started a quilt, changing the pattern somewhat. So then I did not have enough fabric to finish it and had to order more. I was reminded that some anniversaries were coming up for my DD and DS so I had to stop and get them done. Then I remembered I had to start on DGS quilt and started that and since it is over 1000 pieces, that got boring and I started on another charm quilt. I am a Snow Bird now and have all these unfinished projects with me now and will start today on finishing them. I will work on my favorite one just to get me going and then after a few days I will start on another. I bought some flannel tablecloths and will use those for my design wall, I can fold it up nice and neat after laying it all out. Do not be upset about all your projects, I think it's wonderful myself to have so many projects, my talent is overflowing. Just pick your favorite one of all and start. These items you are making are for you and should be a pleasure. If not, then give them to the Salvation Army, sell them here, or just give them away. Life is so short, enjoy it, don't feel guilty.