Thread: Did it.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Weezy Rider

I've got another brand of slider. I haven't looked, but think it will slop over the extension table. Do you cut it?

I started sewing with a mechanical Riccar, so the adjustments make sense. Does the pin work much the same as the Pfaff IDT? The machine does sew pretty straight. Unless the foot for the Pfaff doesn't have the IDT cutout, I sew with the IDT down.

I have books full of patterns. Can you transfer them to the quilt using freezer paper and sewing through it? Before stabilizers came out, you used adding machine tape for decorative machine stitching then ripped the tape off.
I don't like the pounce - it makes too much dust and I have sinus problems anyway. I can also draw on the computer for patterns. I have some stencils - I used the triple straight stitch and put the designs on quilted sweatshirts. I far prefer the simpler continuous line.

Is that thread cutter supposed to be noisy? I thought my 2170 Pfaff was noisy and loud - this tops it. The Pfaff also has a vertical bobbin and does the bobbin in the same way. Otherwise, the machine is quiet.

I suspect the little wire in the needle threader is bent. Do you take the threader off like a normal Brother machine?

Thanks