Thread: The Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM
CAS49OR

yes, especially since I have no need for an office! If I had known I was going to be a sewing fanatic when we built the house I would have known about high outlets, a sewing counter, and storage, storage, storage ...
I am happy we've done so much to make it so pleasant to work in there now!

We lived in a one bedroom studio apartment for 8 months while this house was being built and my new sewing machine never even came out of the box, and I just started sewing about 2 years ago. Luckily, my "ebay special" Janome (new in the box) ended up being a great machine. I didn't even know what to look for in machines.

I hope some of my budget ideas help other people too. I had posted my extension table previously and have to admit I like the built in machine much better! Hubby made the "extension table" out of foam core and vinyl.

Originally Posted by Micki922 View Post
It looks like a great room with everything you need close by. Isn't it wonderful to have a room? I remember all the years I sewed on the kitchen or DR table and had to put stuff away for dinner to happen! It makes you appreciate the simple things