View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 AM
quilt1950

Let's see

I started a wall hanging for my daughter for a very specific spot in her home. She moved before I got it finished. Her new home does not have a place for it. I hope to get it out in 2013 and see if I can turn it into a baby quilt for charity. It will be an untraditional baby quilt, but I think it will be pretty. I started this about 10 years ago.

I went to a block of the month club at a quilt store. You paid $5.00 the first month, and as long as you came back every month with the completed quilt block, the next block was free. So for $5.00 you got 12 blocks. I enjoyed it, but didn't know what to do with the blocks. However, I need a new cover for my down comforter, and hope to turn these blocks into the cover. That project also got started about 10 years ago.

I purchased fabric for quilts for my twin grandsons when they moved out of their cribs. They are now 8. The pattern I agreed to make involves lots of seam matching, so I've always put easier projects ahead of it. I'm bound and determined to get it started in 2013. I think that I will need to set a goal of a few blocks a week, so that I don't get bored and start doing a poor job.

In 2012 I purchased a panel to make a wall hanging for DH. That will be my first project of 2013.

I made some other sampler blocks when I was just getting started quilting. The quality was fine, but I really didn't like the colors I chose. Those blocks I donated to a quilting group that makes quilts for various charities. They will be put to good use, and I learned a lot making them, so I think it was a win-win project.

I think that's the extent of my quilting UFOs. I did agree today to make matching PJ bottoms for my grands for next Christmas. I've had the fabric for several years, so I guess that might qualify as a UFO.