Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Skyangel

Sears sold some very good machines under the Kenmore name, although they were always badged by the actual manufacturer. I heard that this has endedand there are no more "Kenmore" machines. My Daddy was a Sears mand and mo Mother got a Kenmore in the 70s when her Singer 401 wouldn't sew knits, then I got one for my HS graduation gift. It was my only machine for 25 years and it served me well (still does).

My main SM cabinet is a "Parsons" brand cabinet made in the 80's, that I found on craigslist. It is solid wood. It came with a spring-loaded lift to raise the machine vertically similar to your Kenmore cabinet, Joe. This cabinet was also made with an electric lift, which my friend has one with. My hubby traded out the spring-loaded lift for an air lift mechanism from Rockler, and I got an insert from Dream World to fit around my Bernina machine. In total I have about $225 in the whole thing. Much less than the $$$ they want for the newer particle board cabinets like Koala, Horn, ect. I hate the particle board junk!