Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM
JoanneS

I usually make quilts to give away - though I made snuggle quilts for DH and me last winter. I have a huge stash, so I start a new quilt as soon as I finish one. I don't want to leave that stash for my non-sewing DD to deal with! She loves quilts, and I've made a ton of them for her ad DGD - but usually from their discarded clothing, so that doesn't help get rid of the stash. I'm going to start making charity quilts if I don't have a person in mind who 'needs' a quilt from me. Plus, I have a stash of quilt leftovers to make into charity quilts.

If I'd been in CT when the Sandy Hook murders happened (10 minutes frommy house), I would have made a bunch of children's quilts for the families who lost children and have siblings left behind. As it was, all I could do was sit here in AZ and be miserable. My local sewing machine dealer is joining in the call for snowflakes for Sandy Hook - and I've been dropping by to sew some when I have time. If I had an embroidery machine here in AZ, I would be making them in my house. What a time to have 2 embroidery machines in CT and none in AZ.