View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Vanogay

Thank you for starting this thread. First off, my prayers to all who have lost a loved one. BIL died in August - has been a bad holiday for sister - his birthday was Christmas Day and the family kept her busy, but the grief is still strong. NanaUpNorth, I broke my shoulder/arm in October. I too couldn't believe how much mobility and strength I lost the first two weeks of no movement at all. When I started therapy, I swore they were trying to rebrake it, but it has finally healed, I can type, I can use my rotary (one of my goals from breaking the arm) and I can put my bra on (the second goal I set from the break). It still hurts, but I'm pretty much back to what was normal for me. Keep it up with the therapy and it will get better.
Now for my goals - as a joke my hubby typed me a chore list for my quilting in 2013.
1) Halloween piece work (a embroidered quilt with halloween theme - quite involved surface embroidery)
2) Quilts of Valor (2 - have one cut)
3) Japanese circle quilt
4) Row Robin (a swap here on QB)
5) Pillowcase dresses (I make these for the children in the Phillippines)
6) Buttrefly quilt (I embroidered 9 butterfly squares -- need to make them into a quilt. Fabric has been on back order for 3 weeks. Maybe I won't get this done!!)
7) Friendship quilt (blocks done, need to finish, then quilt)
8) Cross stitch birds (I have 2 cross stitch bird patterns started, need to put time into the stitching to finish) and
9) quilt swap (another swap here on the board)
I don't have any lofty goals to learn to LA or learn a new technique - I'll do good to finish these on my list here.
Thanks for starting this thread - and hello to all you quilters out there - some of your names are new to me. I'll enjoy talking with you through the months of 2013. Cheers and prosperity to each of you.