Thread: Bernina
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:24 PM
nanquilt

Default What a Joy.

Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
My husband bought me a Bernina 530 for Christmas. This was a gift that he bought without any hints or requests from me. In fact, it was the furtherest request on my Santa list. Now don't get me wrong, I am deeply grateful and excited, but am feeling alittle overwhelmed by it all. Have tried to thread it and use the auto thread and am even having trouble with that part. Even though I will be taking classes, I am afraid that he has given me a machine that will be difficult to use. I have been using a Viking that was bought in the 1970's. I quilt constantly and thoroughly enjoy the many steps. For those that have this machine or others in the Bernina family, how do you like it? What don't you like about it? I'm hoping that after taking classes, I can resume my enthusiasm but right now I totally feel overwhelmed/dumb/frustrated. Please, please, don't thinK I am ungrateful. I know that money is hard to come by so his generosity is deeply appreciated.
You are about to enter the sewing venture of your life. I have four Bernina's ending with the 830 which is a true dream. Listen and take notes during class and always refer to your Instruction Book for answers. If you cannot find an answer, just ask on this board and you will get an answer. Your husband truly recognizes quality.