View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Pattycakes

I am looking for a new sewing machine too, but I want a computerized similar to the one Eleanor Burns uses on her show. I have been looking on Amazon.com. Sewing machines are listed under arts, crafts and something else. I am looking at a cp7500 by brother. I have a xl2600i that I love, but my grandaughter is begging me to get myself a new machine so she can have my old. So I have taken the hint am looking. Good luck in you decission. It will be a hard one. There are lot of good companies that produces a really good machine.

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
I am at the point where I need to buy another sewing machine. The machine that I have is mechanical, very simple Singer about 12 years old. It is a good little machine that never had a temper tantrum. But, If it dies I will be in a pickle. I have never worked on an electronic (digital) sewing machine before. What are its pros and cons? I do not like overly sensitive machines that throw a fit if I use a thread that is not high end. I would be using the machine primarily for piecing and occasionally for quilting small projects. I have my Bailey for bigger quilts. The options that I like but do not have are automatic threader, thread cutter, dog feed lowering, and maybe a few decorative stitches. My budget is small, about $400. What are your thoughts - stick with the devil I know and buy a mechanical or join the 21st century and buy a digital machine? Help!