Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Tashana

Originally Posted by AFQSinc View Post
I was wondering what you would pick up! I really can't wait to hear about the stores there. Hopefully, you'll be able to salvage the kit. Again, applique is something that I seem to have had an irrational fear about. Kind of like the flying geese. I don't know why, but in my mind I thought that you had to scoop the 1/4" under with the needle as you stitched. So silly!
I picked up McKenna Ryan's Hanging in the Hood from Home Tweet Home collection. Some pieces are so intricate and narrower than 1/4", such as bird feet, so it is impossible to turn them under. They must be fused. Live and learn I suppose. People at the LQS are nice but the prices are outrageous!!! So, i found a walmart, got a sticker shock there too ($2.50 for a poopy fat quarter which is $.99 in the US), and bought a jelly roll instead. All is well in my universe now. I have just finished 1600 top. I will NEVER complain about our LQS prices ever again. Good luck with your appliqué. You will get addicted. It is calming and portable. By the way I am horrified of flying geese. Maybe you can teach me when I come back from this land of prohibitively expensive fabric.