View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 AM
carla m

i may be able to help you with advice on both issues. if i need an assortment of colors connecting threads is the place to go. however that being said i need black thread and white or off white thread this time as thats what i use the most of. threadart. com is having a sale til dec 31 for 1.99 a spool and connecting threads is 2.49 per spool. im getting ready to place my order today. i would also try a pkg or 2 of the carpet cutting blades from harbor freight they fit a 45 mm cutter and ive had good luck with them although not everyone does 2 blades for 1.99 is a small price and if that doesnt work out for you try ebay they have the best prices for blades and you can get your favorite brand cheaper there. i can also feel your pain about your budget too. i still have a job howver my pay has been frozen for 2 yrs and will be that way until you know where freezes over from the looks of things. and we have layoffs approximately every 6 mo so theyll eventually get around to me im sure. my hubbys job has decreased hours tremendously and his pay is frozen as well i guess people cant afford sandwich meat and hot dogs any more either.
apparently the improving part of the economy hasnt hit us yet in our area although im sure it could be worse. im going to have to learn to use my stash (thank god i have one) and just get creative lol. id be in trouble if i couldnt quilt. its the place i go to escape reality lol.
carla m

Last edited by carla m; 12-29-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spelling