Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Great sewing Christmas here. Daughter picking up the 201 decided to hold it for a Christmas present for me, and I got it finally. It is a centennial model with a little pinrash, but it hand turns easily. No time to play yet, what with my kids in for the holiday and my baby brother and family coming in today. My husband also surprised me with a 227M. It was frozen up tight, no throat plate, but a little oil (I couldn't help myself but to try) and it freed right up. Haven't threaded it yet, but the action seems very smooth. Any info out there would be helpful. No manual, or free one I can find anyway. My brother's daughter is 10, and her Christmas present is one of our mama's sewing machines, and a sewing lesson from her Aunt Melinda. We are going to make a tote bag and learn about the machine, and send it home to Maryland with her. I am excited about it. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or holiday of your choice, and the New Year brings us all something good.
Melinda I agree with Jean, giving your niece a sewing machine was a great idea! It almost seems to me that sewing is making a comeback. Maybe because quilting has gotten extremely popular! Anyway, 10 is a great age - they still want to learn something new - are still open to new ideas . . . . and they haven't got caught up in the boyfriends, friends, malls, shopping, and 'I' phones/'I' pads completely! It seems all teenagers want to do is text!

Jean, I am glad to hear your arm is finally getting better!

Nancy