View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 AM
faykilgore

My two longest running UFO's are due to their overwhelming complexity. One is "My Cats Garden" that is all needle-turned applique. I started it as a new quilter well over 10 years ago. There are nine blocks. I have finished 7 of them. Once I finish a block the entire project gets put back in the box for another year, as I just can't face another complicated cat for awhile. The other is a finished hand appliqued top that is king-sized, pristine white background and I'm determined to hand quilt. I have four cats. How white do you think that quilt is going to stay considering how long it's going to take to hand quilt it? The other UFO's are more current and manageable. I have three very close friends that I want to do quilts for. I picked fabrics and patterns and started all three of them, because how do you decide which friend gets priority? Now I have three fun quilt tops to piece depending on my mood at the time! They probably aren't considered UFO's if they are just material and a pattern in a drawer, the material not even washed yet. I've lost count of how many of those I have collected. I quilt for fun! If it's not fun, what's the point?