View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by PJisChaos View Post
I love shopping the local thrift stores and even Goodwill, looking for anything and everything I could put to use or use. Hubby is a garbage man and just broke my heart after telling me that there are Goodwill trucks full of clothing, furniture, you name it, out at the landfill at least once daily. They just dump all this usable stuff out there, huge trucks full of it! I wonder why they don't donate it to other organizations instead of tossing it away? It is still useful to someone, I would think.
When shopping there a few days ago, the cashier was astonished that I buy clothing and sheets "just to destroy them". I bit my tongue and simply said "Well, this way you won't have to pay to dump it at the landfill so, I reckon it's a win-win, huh?". Grrr, people like that just irk me and I'm sorry ya had to deal with that. Good job on the find though!
How do you know the condition of the dumped items??? I had to ask. Until you have to personally sort through donations, we really cant judge the condition from afar. There is a lot of crap donated to charities. Just sayin'
S