Old 12-29-2012, 08:03 AM
CountryHouseQuilter

Gayle - I never had stomach cramping. I did have a muscle spasm issue that feld as if it was right above the stomach area on my left, but right below my ribs. That seems to have gone since surgery too. My main symptoms were extreme bloating all across my middle and up under the center of my ribs, sometimes making it hard to breath. Of course gas, heartburn, a little reflux, and pain in my back, under my left shoulder blade and across to my right. Oh, plus I was getting dull headaches, which I never get. Usually all my issues happened about an hour or so after eating my evening meal. Got to the point I was just eating a bowl of soup, or crackers. Seemed everything but that gave me issues. Thanksgiving about killed me as I thought God or someone would give me the holiday off to enjoy myself. Hahahahaha.....boy was I stupid. Layed in bed all night in misery trying to get comfortable.

I went to the gastro doc who sent me for blood work and an ultrasound. That confirmed it!! Gallstones and a diseased gallbladder. Surgeon said when he went in it was enflamed. And I feel so much better now. None of the old symptoms. Just some new ones that I don't mind. My body has to get use to the change and adjust. Learning what I can and can't eat when i go out, so I don't have a bathroom issue.

Hope you feel better and find out what the issue is!! I know that stuff like that is no fun!!!!