Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 AM
daisywreath

All fixed up now! It's sewing beautifully now, stitch length adjuster is working perfectly. I swapped it out into a portable case from another machine that's in rougher shape that I haven't finished working on yet (need to replace the needle plate due to a bit of rust, needle thread keeps breaking and I think that's the culprit). That one has a portable case that was pretty filthy when I got it, but it's one of the plastic ones and it cleaned up really nicely. I hate to take this machine out of it's wood cabinet since they look so pretty together, but it's going to my stepdaughter, and she really needs a portable machine.

And Joe, thank you for the identification info! I tried a google search on those numbers but struck out completely, and it was making me a little nuts not being able to figure out who made it. The other machine I mentioned above, which has a Dressmaker label on it, has the same numbers stamped on the bottom. Hopefully I'll be able to get that one fixed up next. It's in rougher shape and has some rust here and there, but I think it'll sew really nicely once I get the problems worked out.

I'm going to need to figure out what to do with these sewing machines I keep bringing home -- I keep seeing them selling for $10-15 at auctions and "rescuing" them Cheaper than stray kittens, I suppose!