View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Why do you say to stay away from Coats & Clark?
I've found it to be very linty. Jams up my machine. My favorite polys are any of Superior's. I buy a bunch at the annual Tucson Quilt Show. If there's a quilt show near you - GO TO IT! You'll learn a lot, and you'll buy a lot unless you limit yourself to the cash you carry and leave your credit cards at home!

My favorite cotton for piecing is Aurifil. Several on-line places to order. I don't have my list here, but I imagine others have already posted. I find Connecting Threads cotton lintier than Aurifil.

I like all of Superior Threads embroidery threads - especially the Rainbows. Ditto Floriani. Stay away from rayon - it isn't colorfast.

All of this is my humble opinion. Others may disagree and have other opinions. That's the beauty of this board! Read what we all have to say. Then decide what sounds best for you.

Rotary blades: I've been very happy with Harbor Freight's. We temporarily jammed up their system when we discovered them a year or so ago. So many of us ordered them that they were backordered by several months. I've found they DON'T work in Martelli's cutter very well. If you have a problem with one, it's so cheap, just throw it away! 2 for $1.99.