View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
mpspeedy2

I purchased a 4 foot folding table from Staples and had my husband cut the legs off so it is 27" high. I then set my Bernina on it. I have the acrylic slide on extension table and between the extra surface on the big table and being able to see what is under the clear slide on extension I love the set up. I have 18 inches of space to the right of the machine to lay lots of things like scissors, thread, bobbins etc. Under the extension table I keep my extra feet etc along with the accesory box. Under the table I have a plastic storage set of drawers that hold my additional bobbins, threads and other supplies. My machine manual lays right on top of that unit.
I purchased another similar table, only six foot long that sits behind me when I am using my sewing machine. It holds my two stand alone embroidery machines and stores three more plastic storage units under it as there is no room needed for sitting in front of or under those machines as they are push button on and off for the embroidery process. I also have a rolling office chair that I purchased at staples that I use when sewing and only have to spin around to address the embroidery machines. Between the tables and the chair I probably spent less than $200.
If you don't have anyone to cut down the table for you if it is to high it is just as easy to put something under the table to raise the pressor foot pedal to the correct height for you. The swivel office chair is also height adjustable.