View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
kellen46

Default This is for the person looking on how to get a low cost sewing table.

Eleanor Burn on her Quilt in a day site, under free patterns has a pdf for turning a farm table into a sewing table, scroll to the bottom to find it, also lots of nice free patterns.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/freepatte...asp?file=table

A one ped desk or even a two ped desk would work as well. The point is there an opening for your chair and is it wide enough to accommodate your machine. Personally I like the table as having room to spread out is important. I have one of those expensive Kola tables....believe me it is not worth the price. For one thing I never put the machine down as I sew all the time, secondly it is made with particle board and is already falling apart. I have had to replace blown screw holes, and the edges are crumbling, so are covered with duct tape. For what I paid for it I would think it would be better made. You are really paying for the air lift, which as said I don't use much. Now my kitchen table, a simple wooden one, was bought second hand 25 years ago, has had major use both for meals and crafting is holding up fine. So just get a nice sturdy wood table at the thrift shop and even is you have to pay someone to convert it to a sewing table you will be coming out a head money wise.