View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
oldcatlady

I've never taken apart my machine-it's a little scary but I'm going to have to do it. I just called the man who usually works on it and his wife told me he is dying of pancreatic cancer. Puts everything into perspective for me! I don't know anyone else so will try to take it apart. If that doesn't work I guess it means I have to buy a new machine! Any case, I'm sorry to say my blocks are not going to be done on time. I took this week between xmas and new years off to work on them. I shouldn't have scheduled it until the last minute but I had other commitments. I hope to get them done soon so I will be allowed to sign up for the next Boom.

SheriR, I was almost finished with your block when it broke. I'm going to try to hand piece the remaining part so I can get it mailed to you on monday. I LOVE your fabric! I'm going to try to get fabric matched up and cut so when I get a machine it will be quicker. I will PM you if you are on my list to do yet. If you need the blocks asap send me a PM and I will put you ahead of the class.

I'm so sorry I will not get them out on time. It takes me a lot of time to make a block-I'm one of those that pins, measures and presses as I go and makes sure each section is the right size, I know, alittle OCD of me isn't it?
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
oldcatlady, take all your bobbin apart, vacuum it really good, you may have just a little piece of the needle stuck it in. Get all the lint and re oil, put it back together and see if it makes a difference. It not, you've knocked it out of timing and you'll have to take it in for repairs, unless you know how to reset it. Usually this is what happens if cleaning good doesn't resolve it.