View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Feathers-N-Fur

Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
My DH just asked me today "Whatcha makin now?" My reply "Its not what I'm making, its what I'm finally finishing". Theres around 15 to 20 on going projects in my pile at various stages. When the inspiration subsides they are laid aside till it returns. Staying with a quilt from start to finish is almost unheard of here unless its a small project. There are times when I wish for the ability to stick to it, but I feel like they wouldn't finish as nicely. Its like a fine wine, it needs age and a little air to make it sweet.
This is me entirely. I have a set of drawers in my sewing room for my WIP's (work in progress). I usually will finish the blocks, then set them aside till I feel like finishing the top, then set it aside till I feel like quilting it. It will happen, someday. I do get to them, it just takes awhile. I usually hate the projects I have to make by a deadline, because I look at them later and think, oh this would have been better this was... but I rushed through instead of giving it time.