Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
amandasgramma

Default Happy New Year everyone!!! PICS of Oregon!

Happy New Year! I haven't been on much lately --- lurk sometimes. Was very busy for the holidays and then RESTING!!!! Some of you have told me to post more pics of Oregon ---- so here are some that were taken today (btw -- it was 6 degrees when I woke up this morning!!!)

This is the area behind our house (wish we could see it from our house but can't). This area mostly is Newberry Crater. It's a National Monument. The whole of Newberry Crater includes 2 lakes and Paulina Peak -- The Peak is part of the huge volcano that blew about 1900 yrs ago. It's like Crater Lake, however, it has 2 lakes instead of one and they're shallower than Crater Lake. It became a monument in 1990. On the edge of the monument they're doing drilling to see if geothermal heat can be obtained. It was national news late in the summer. I'm praying they don't change the "landcape"!!!!! We live about 3/4 mile from where DH was standing to get that first picture.
The pics are of Paulina Peak and a bridge at Paulina Creek. Paulina Creek is all run-off from the snow off the peak.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384652[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384653[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384654[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384655[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails paulina-peak.jpg   bridge-paulina-creek.jpg   paulina-creek-2.jpg   snow-bridge-paulina-creek.jpg