Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
QultingaddictUK

Default At last my DD9P is finished and on the bed

This quilt has been hanging about to get finished for over a year but now it's done and I am quite pleased with it.

The backing was from a couple of sets of Duvets that I got in a sale so it coordinates with the pillows, looks pretty IMO.

I had a problem with the binding as when I drew my lines to do my curly wurly border design I forgot to add extra for the binding so it had to be super skinny on the front, but as the duvet was only just long enough for the backing I had a shortfall of about a 1/4" so on advice from a friend I did an over-lock stitch all the way around the quilt giving a really stable edge to attach the binding to, which I did a really scant 1/4" on the front and a generous 1/2" on the back and where the backing was a bit short I used this wonderful product: http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk...shable_024.htm and not only ironed but stitched it in place as well, my quilts get a lot of use and laundering.

I need to carry on practicing my FMQ but each quilt it gets better, all in all a problem child came out good in the end, well me n Muffin think so
Attached Thumbnails dd9p-backing-n-matching-pillows.jpg   dd9p.jpg   dd9p-tester-says-ok.jpg   dd9p-label.jpg