View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Sewnoma

Of course it's okay! You're a "topper" - someone who just likes making the tops and there's not a thing wrong with that. Some people really only like doing the quilting, some people really like doing the binding...seems to me you need to do a little networking with a local guild and find people with complementary skills and then all your tops will find homes. Or just stockpile them...some day when you're less stressed/distracted you might discover a technique that works for you and then you'll have a lot of tops to practice on.

I'm kind of the same way...the top is the part I like. I can do the rest, but the rest feels like a chore (and I'm not as good at it) whereas making the top is a joy and is the part where I really feel like I get to express myself. To each their own! If nothing else, even if you just get rid of them when you're done it's cheap therapy. Have fun doing what you like and whatever you do DON'T feel guilty about not "finishing" them. It's your art, your therapy, and YOU decide what is and is not "finished".