View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Scraplady

So now that I've read everyone's quilting resolutions for 2013, I guess I should make a stab at it. Will probably not finish them all, but would probably not finish half if I don't set the goal high. Not necessarily in the order I plan to tackle them. So here goes:

1) Finish anniversary quilt for my parents. At their 60th celebration we all signed pieces for a "Diamond Wedding Ring" quilt, lap size, that is about 1/2 done. I had hoped to finish it by Christmas 2012...

2) Finish "wedding" quilt for DD and SIL. They were married in August, I told them it would be a 1st anniversary gift. This one is barely started. Have all the fabrics--will be doing Judy Martin's "Monet's Wedding Ring" pattern, NO curved piecing!

?) Sometime in the spring--move my sewing room from partially finished basement to upstairs room recently vacated by DD #1 who got married last summer. DH is after the basement room for his woodshop, so should have LOTS of help getting things moved! Looking forward to warmer space, more natural light, but not to the carpet on the floor. The room is not any bigger, but I think will be a better layout for my sewing stuff.

3) Finish queen quilt for Master BR. Top's been done for over a year, I've been putting off basting the layers together, my least favorite part.

4) Get my blog going and my on-line store up and running. This was supposed to happen when I quit my job last fall, but we all know how life intervenes. Don't ever expect to get rich, but it would be nice to be able to sell a few of the things I make, especially since everyone is always telling me I need to market my stuff.

5) Work on (not necessarily complete) one WIP every month. This way I won't get bored with any one project and will at least make progress.

6) Get started EARLY on Christmas projects--first complete the two I started this year and didn't get finished: strippy snowman tablerunner, and pinwheel pillowcases, both for me, which is why they didn't get finished!

7) I think that's enough to go on...

8) Oh yeah, post photos on QB of all the projects I finish!