View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM
barnbum

Even though this has a few pictures, it seems like a "Main" topic, but I'll understand if it's moved!

I looked for the post where I learned about this gadget: http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...r_TD80686.html but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I purchased one a while back and have been pleased with the results, so thought I'd share in case anyone was wondering about it.

Two ragged flannels are under construction, so I had a nice brainless day of cutting batting squares. (I needed this kind of day. :wink: ) I saved an old mat just for batting because they tend to get ruined afterwards.

After cutting all these...

my mat looked like this...

Those grooves are filled and the batting stuff is stuck!
So, with a little elbow grease and wiping the mat off with a damp paper towel, after about five minutes, it looked like this:

Nice, eh? :D I used it on a newer mat and it did leave some scratch marks. And I think the directions said it works better if one moves it in straight lines rather than circles, but I tossed the directions so I can't be sure. :roll: I'd used it on a new mat, but not with basic cotton fabric--just flannels and especially batting.

Oh--none of the new batting was cut into--these were all from scrap pieces saved from trimming the outside of quilts the quilter leaves there because I paid for the piece, and other scraps. Yay!!

Hope this little advertisement helps someone. :D