View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
oldcatlady

this has been another crazy day for me. My sister and I went to my niece's storage unit, through poorly plowed snow from our snow storm on thursday/friday and more snow this am. We searched through a ton of boxes, found my niece's sewing machine and then went on the hunt for the ft pedal/cord because of course they were not together LOL. found it, came home and crashed with a fever and chills, realizing I'm still not over whatever bug I've had for over 3 wks now!

I searched on line for the manual to go w/ the machine. got it cleaned and oiled, learned how to thread the machine and bobbin. Completely different than my Elna workhorse which is sturdy and made of steel. This one was made of plastic but it ran so I was happy!

I checked into the board and saw Jaba's post and decided what the heck, I'll give it a try. I was thinking about the vacuum store also, MamaHauser LOL. Well, I got the bobbin case apart and cleaned out lint I've never been able to reach, took me over an hour to try to get it back in the way it was and it's now working!!!! Jaba, I can't thank you enough. This machine is very sentimental to me. My father who passed away 5 yrs ago gave this to me for xmas in the mid 70's and I was heartbroken thinking I wasn't going to be able to use it anymore.

This has been one exhausting day! SheriR, I finished your block and have to say again how much I love your fabric and then I pull out the next one on my list and it is Linda58's, WOW! I LOVE your fabrics also. I can't wait to make your block tomorrow