Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 AM
CindyA

Katybob, you are AMAZING!! That is beautiful and looks so nice on that bed frame. Thanks for the inspiration. You say that it's basted, and I think I see a scallop along the outer border. Tell us what's next, please, in the way of quilting plans.

@ Dotty, thanks for the Christmas and New Year's message. I agree, we are enriched by being able t come to QB and this thread to share with each other. And yes, let 2013 be the year your Christmas DJ is done!!

It's probably been weeks since I worked on DJ. There are been a few pretty significant things happening in my home. We got 2 dogs! The 5 yr old Basset/Collie mix is from a co-worker who was having trouble taking care of her. She is so sweet. The 2 yr old is a 65 lb Basset 'lap dog' that a local rescue organization was having trouble placing. And now we know why, LOL. He is a sweetheart, too, but has a few 'issues' that we are working on. All of that, plus Christmas and family and friends, and no DJ. So . . . . the sewing room is now a place for the dogs, it was non-functional and I'm using the dining room table, anyway. I'm a little sad at losing the space, but I wasn't using it anyway, and it was so disorganized. I'm making some tough decisions about what to get rid of from the sewing area, but I'm not using that much space in the dining room for my DJ fabric and supplies. I'll post pics if I ever get my sewing stuff organized and stored properly. I hope to get back to DJ soon. I actually seem to make steady progress when I'm working, rather than when I'm on school breaks. So come the first of the year, maybe I'll post a block!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2013 brings you health and happiness.