View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I think it will be too overwhelming for me and my abilities. If I had one of those programs to make quilts, I might be able to somehow come up with something, but I don't think I can do much but applique. I might do a wall hanging. Thanks for the ideas. Never thought of applique or wall hanging until you all mentioned it. That is definitely do-able...harder than h**l, but do-able. He's going thru a really hard time right now, really hard, and this picture and the thought of a quilt was the only thing that cheered him up. He's 35 and I would never let him near my sewing machine. He does all my computer stuff for me. He's always "hooking us up" with great things. I'd like to put that smile back on his face.
I know that you are wanting to comfort your son in his time of difficulty, but he seems to be playing right into your hands. I don't mean to sound incensitive but some things are not possible. Perhaps a painter could achieve such a design, but I don't think needle and thread is the answer in this case. I know that some people are of the opinion that anything is possible, but let's be real. I think the person who suggested a bargello-type design may be close to it. I have no idea how it could be done, but perhaps those familiar with the bargello would have a clue to how a similar design could be carried out, but with squares and rectangles, not circles. Perhaps your son could design something of this design on the computer and then have it transferred to fabric and handle it as a whole cloth piece. I wish you good fortune and good luck in solving this dilemma.