View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

when i shop at thrift -if the clerk feels the need to comment on my purchases i simply state--'oh it will all go to good use'; smile, pay & walk away...there's no need to offer more information than needed- it's really none of their business; when i go to Penneys & shop for granddaughters, daughter, mother, aunt, sons...all at once- no one feels (justified) in commenting on the various sizes/styles/types of purchases---why would it be any different if i'm shopping at goodwill or challenge mountain?...all that matters is that i pay for my purchases- when i go out the door what i do with them is only my business...i've bought clothing at a store having a good sale- walked out & dropped the purchases into a donation box...would the clerk at Penneys have a heart attack if she knew i just bought that stuff (and threw it away?) nope- the store made their money- i've shopped at many thrift stores looking for good wool---sometimes clerks have commented on what a nice suit, skirt, jacket that was---i simply say---Yes, isn't it wonderful? smile /pay and walk away...