View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 AM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Great idea! My daughter has moved home

Re mug rugs, yes I am on a quest to collect 600 for the children in Conn.
A daughter moved home?! Excellent. Ours did that for several years and brought a nice new SIL to go with. We all had a great comfortable time living together and still miss having them around. I bet you will enjoy it all....it's more precious time with people you love.
Love your new start idea as well. It will hang in the kitchen as an eternal reminder I imagine?

Love the mug rugs idea and know you will make that goal and more. You are so thoughtful.

I am seriously toying with the idea of starting and curating a traveling show to highlight the plight of abandoned young children of drug addicts down here. There are some small government support grants for them to have a roof over their heads and almost nothing else (Like heat in the winter! And I am not kidding.) I am hoping I can get the US embassy to help sponsor a part and get some big banks etc, to have the exhibit in their facilities. People to make the quilts and donate them for sale is the plan. We will see. My Spanish is still terrible but I have a new friend who's Spanish is great and so it might be do-able.

-----------------

OK last call on your projects-------anyone got photos of goodies completed? Techniques tried? Please post soon so we can all enjoy.

Otherwise enjoy getting started on your "New Beginnings"