Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
I made a decision just yesterday and y'all are making me rethink it. I have a Kenmore here, a good one, and one I have partially meched/serviced. It still needs me to fix the reverse button. I do like the way it was engineered, very intelligently. It is in a Kenmore cabinet and given to me for free, since I make quilts for homeless people. I thought that the 20 or so decorative stitch cams were the value of it, and decided that, since I needed the space I'd give away the machine. But I had better rethink that, because of what you are all reminding me of the quality. It is my only Kenmore. I'll get that machine out tomorrow and do some decorative quilting stitches on it and see what I think then. Thanks!
I have four or five Kenmore machines here now and one at Miriams house in Indy waiting to be picked up. I've found the late 60s and 70s vintage ones are much quieter and run better than the same vintage Singer 338, 413, 518 and 538 we have.

Besides, a cabinet machine doesn't really take up that much space. It's only when you get a dozen of them that you run out of room ... fast.

Joe