Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 AM
BoJangles

Joe, if I had gotten down on the floor I'd of had 2 Chihuahuas, 1 Jack Russell, and 2 cats walking on me. They'd all think I was down on the floor for them! I can picture you on the floor with the cat walking on you!

You know, I think we all have learned so much about sewing machines since joining this group. I have 3 plastic wonder machines. Like Sharon, I have one because of the 16" throat. I also have a modern very expensive embroidery machine that I do not use to sew with because everytime I have tried to use it for everyday sewing I end up messing it up and it costs me $500 to get it fixed! I use that machine for embroidery only.

I was like most people, I wanted something modern! I didn't want an 'old' machine when I was younger! Now, I have close to 60 antique and vintage machines that I use all the time - mostly treadling! I think we all live and learn about quality. I love the vintage machines, but I love sewing machines period - even the newer throw away ones, although, I don't buy them anymore. I have one Janome I do use to take to classes occassionally, although, I usually use a FW or 301 in classes.

My husband is like you. He could easily live in 1912, but I do like the modern things of today, although, not so much the poor quality of most of our stuff. My DH can't stand it that a frig, washer, etc., are only suppose to last 5 years today. When we were kids our folk's frig lasted 30 years! It is a throw away world. I am just thankful that there are so many of us that appreciate the vintage machines! The problem now is that to get really good quality anything, you have to pay through your teeth - which most of us can't afford. Sad.

Nancy