View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Elisabrat

I love the kansas block as scrappy appeals and scares me. its so.. not matched! lol maybe that is a good jumping point for me to get used to the concept. lots of a similar makes the scrappy less.. patchy. I am doing the mystery train scrappy that just started. its only a three week quilt along if anyone has not seen it yet. I am already having heart trouble. I cut and think omg these will NEVER work together. I stopped at the halfway point last night cutting it was killing me the scrappyness of it all (laugh go ahead) . sewing it together will be worse I fear. closingmy eyes to do it. I want to put all reds in one block all blues in another so its sorta not so.. mixed. how to get past this everyone?

Also I wanted to ask.. see I keep mine color coordinated on the shelves but havent cut them. Does everyone here precut scraps into sizesfor future use? like this could make 4.5 , 2.5, triangles..etc..I just put themon the self if they are a f16 or smaller. thenthere is a f.4 shelf and then larger. and some are all weird shapes. curiosity makes me ask. maybe I should just cut the hell out of all of the little ones for future use? I was afraid maybe I might want an odd size for a crazy block center or.. I so do not use or save smaller pieces like 1.5 in fact if it wont make a 2.5 x 4.5 or a 3.5 block its.. dont look.. garbage. anyone want me to save those pieces for them? I wont precut sorry into pretty squares for you I already look at them like argh! but you can have them as I grow them in the future. always growing them btw.