View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 AM
eparys

I have hesitated to get sucked up into this craze as the quilts that I had seen did not float my boat - so to speak (lol). BUT that being said, my guild did one as a guild "lesson" so I did participate and made a Red, White, and Blue one that I decided to do for a QoV for the guild. I still do not like it (it is sitting unfinished without borders in my sewing room - I have attached a pic of it) but these additional ideas have got me thinking of what else I could do with it.

I REALLY LOVE your "new quilt" Peckish but looks like a lot of work (lol) , jeanharville's link was adorable as was ssuz's quilt, but the link that wishfulthink posted was really cool - that could be done with larger diamonds very easily and it would address the issue that for the most part the 1600 quilt is smaller than what is needed for QoV without larger borders. I might have to re-look at the quilt I made.

Thank you , thank you, thank you all for these great ideas!! If I whack it into pieces - I will post a pic of it finished!!
Attached Thumbnails qov_stripquilt.jpg