View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by tymia View Post
what are some of the things you look for? I would love to make some jean bags. Please advise!
Sizes up to lady's 12, including children's. Any larger and the tote is too big, unless that is what you want. I look for ones that have nice detail on pockets, like embroidery or jeweled that is in excellent condition, unless I want to add my own themed "bling", then I want fairly plain ones. Unless I want a distresses and well worn look, I want jeans that look new. Also, they have to have belt loops for the ties. I also find it a bonus when a pair have design on pockets and matching design down the leg or legs, because I can use that for matching inside pockets. I found 2 pairs of NYDJ jeans, size 4 and 6, one in white and one in chocolate brown, both looked they have never never been worn, and snapped them up! One was $6.99 and the other $4.99. I think they sell new for about $90.00. I got them home and really had a hard time cutting them!! However, Both were WAY too small for me, so I made them into really nice jeans bags. I think I posted photos of them a couple months ago.