Old 12-30-2012, 09:21 AM
meow meow

Smile Inherited Great Grandmothers treadle sewing machine help!!!

I was given a very nice surprise this week, my grandmothers treadle sewing machine. I would like to know if anyone can tell me anything about it. I do not know how to post pictures so all I can do is attempt to tell you about it: What I think is a serial number (as it is on a plate like my other machines) #12454002, when checked with ISMACS all it says is no serial 1900. The machine is a singer with the bullet like bobbin, it has a square casket top and the decals on the machine are one on the right side of machine of a Lion that looks like it is dressed as a spinx done in golds. The machine itself was working a few years ago as my uncle sewed some small pieces of leather with it. It has been stored in a garage and is needing some cleaning. DH vacuuming it out as I write this. He said he was going to polish it up with car wax to make her color sheen. Should I allow him to do this? Any recommendations from anyone? Thanks for your help. Oh and if I could post pics I would but I am too dumb to do that. Maybe soon my grandchildren will teach me how.