View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM
AshleyR

I almost shop exclusively at Thrift Stores in Knoxville. Knoxville has several large "chains" of thrift stores, and Goodwill is one of them. Another one is supposed to help feed the homeless, but their prices are too rich for my blood! On the other end of the spectrum, one store sells all their clothing for $1 a piece (children's clothes 3/$2). Their selection is hit-or-miss, but they have signs all over the store with rude signs. It was designed to make clothing affordable for "regular people", so some of the signs say, "No re-selling" (my husband jokes that he is going to tell them I'm a reseller). I understand where they are coming from, and I'd really hate to see them try to determine what could be sold for higher prices than other things.... However, I've been known to walk out of there with a large garbage bag full of men's shirts and giant-floral dresses, etc. Nobody is going to wear that XL Romper from 1988, so I'll spend the $1 for it!
Goodwill... they have 1/2 price weekend once a month. Those are the only times I go there. Got my son a great wool sweater for $2 and figured if he didn't like it (who knows with him?!), I could make myself some awesome mittens. He liked it, so I'll have to wait until he grows out of it for my mittens!