View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Minmom3

I have a few UFO's. Not too many. One is a small 9-patch that my MIL bought all the supplies for. Velveteen with coordinating quilting cotton. I think I got about 1/3 of the way through it and parked it back in the fabric bin. Even with a walking foot on my machine, getting my seams to line up was was difficult, and it just kills me to NOT get them matched up on something so simple as a 9-patch. That's been sitting there for 10+ years. I will eventually finish it, maybe with the Elmer's School glue basting. That would take a ton of the angst out of it for me.

I have another one, a beautiful pattern I bought at a craft fair that I bumped up to a queen, got most of the front together, and then parked away because I was starting a 2 year school course that took me 3 years, and I couldn't take the time during school to figure out where I left off and finish it. It's next up to do though. I now have a double bed, not a queen, so bed risers are coming, because I CAN'T chop off some of what I sewed, it would wreck the whole scheme of the face. It's going to have a semi-pieced back. The front is a garden flower bed, with gravel and dirt surrounding the flowers, and the back is a pond with frogs and fish to applique on. I think it will be great once I finish it.

I have another small UFO from a BOM class I took and I won the raffle for all the Christmas blocks we made, and they too are parked in a fabric tub. They aren't huge, and will probably make a snuggle size quilt.

Oh, there's another UFO too. Same teacher as the BOM class, I got well started on blocks that were a LOT more complicated than I had ever done before, a bit over my head, and she was going faster than I could follow. So, I dropped the class, and then we moved, and the pieces all got lost for several years. I found them during a huge "turf EVERYTHING out all over the place because I can't find THIS and I KNOW I have it and where the stinkin' heck IS IT?!?!?!?" Found the interfacing I had misplaced, and Oh golly, those quilt pieces. Oh My! I may get to them before 2013 is over, and I may not. We'll just have to see.

So, I have lots of things to get to eventually. I really need to organize my fabrics and general sewing supplies first before I get to all my sewing. It shares my bedroom with my bed and a lot of books, but you people here have really inspired me to get things tidied up a lot nicer than they currently are. That's a plan for the future (gotta find a job to pay for any of it!)

Melinda