Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 PM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Besides, a cabinet machine doesn't really take up that much space. It's only when you get a dozen of them that you run out of room ... fast.

Joe
Well, Joe, it's like this....
I have a house that dreams of expanding to 1,000 square feet from it's actual 800 square feet. Every inch is used to the best advantage. I have ten machines in cabinets in the house and more machines that go into my main sewing table as needed. About 30 machines in all, mostly vintage or antique. I use all of them. I have not purchased a machine since I got forced into an early retirement by the economy three years ago. But I am given machines for two reasons: 1) I make quilts for homeless families - have given 413 so far with more on the way - and people think of me when they have a machine to give away. People sometimes sew with me, and I've discovered that they expect me to provide the machine and all supplies. 2) I am a certified sewing machine mechanic and people give me machines when they can't get them to work. I often pass on machines, for free, to those who need them after I fix them.

This house just doesn't seem to want to grow with my collection, so the collection has to shrink.