Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM
mirabelle

Just catching up on the chatter, what I would give for some cool weather. We have Cyclone Freda sitting out in the Coral Sea at the moment and weather conditions are awful, it is dark and stormy and rainy here. It is 8am and I have to have the lights on in the house to be able to see anything.

QuiltE I love you dressing gown, will definitely have to check out that website.

I have spent the last 3 days cleaning out my scrap bins, got the go cutter in action and cut hundres of 2 1/2 inch squares, then dumped all my strings onto my table and started making QAYG blocks. I made 42 which is a good size for a lap quilt but still had a huge pile of strings so made another 42. Now I just need to sew them together and I will have 2 snuggle quilts ready. I had to put my embroidered quilt on the back burner as I ran out of the main embroidery thread and the shop doesn't reopen until the 14th

Maybe I should bake cookies today, the only downside to that is I have to eat them and there goes my resolve to lose a few pounds