View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
irishrose

Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
The shipping elves are going to crush my chances at this before I even begin! I ordered some Moda Marbles fabric (1/2yd pieces) to check against a cream scrap I had left from making the soldier's quilt and it hasn't arrived. I ordered it more than 2 weeks ago thinking it would arrive in time for me to match it and make my last order before the 1 January cutoff for shopping. But as of yesterday it still hadn't arrived!! Aaarrrgggg!!! I am so mad about that because I wanted to start the moratorium off right and make my DS's quilt next month. I am so irritated at thinking I will likely not be able to order this fabric before we start the moratorium and thereby not be able to make my son's quilt. I hate to disappoint him since he picked out the fabrics ( not many 16 y/o boys are into that) or fail myself on trying to not shop. What to do?
This isn't my thread, but I have to say that I think disappointing a family member isn't the intent here. If I were you, I would order exactly the amount of fabric that you intended to purchase in 2012 for just that quilt. No adding on extra just because you're placing an order. That really doesn't come under the heading of increasing your stash because the mail didn't come.

For the rest of us thinking that we can buy yet tomorrow kind of defeats the purpose of the moratorium. That being said, I will be buying a backing if it matches and I can figure out exactly how much I need. No extra, even at $4 a yard for $10 fabric!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the moratorium. I did manage to resist Hoffman batiks at a great price online yesterday.