View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
duhridder

Default Buying a Bernina

I've been sewing since I was 10 and have owned Singer Treadle machines, Singer computerized machines, Phaff, Viking and everything in between. I didn't know how good a sewing machine could be until I bought my first Bernina (A 200E converted to a 730 w/o the BSR) It is without a doubt the best machine I have ever owned. I also, since then, bout a 700 and a 910 (mechanical machines) and those sew just as well, but without all the bells and whistles the 200E has. I gave the 700 to my sister and sold the 910 to one of my Aunts who had bought a singer from walmart and almost lost her religion. LOL They were both very happy with their machines and wondered how they had ever lived without a Bernina. I'm with some of the others in recommending the new 7 series. If I could afford one, the 780 would definitely be on my list of purchases for the new year. I love the embroidery features, having never owned an embroidery machine before, I wasn't sure how I would like it, but fell in love with all of the things it could do.
Any Bernina you buy would be better than just about any machine out there and you will not be regretful of your purchase.
Good luck and have fun with your new purchase, no matter what you decide on.
Allen Duhon